Northeastern, Experimental, Roots Infested Pop Rock
Sool returns once again to the summer stage with the help of drummer Ken O'Keefe travelling all the way from Tokyo with his dried squid magic. Before Sool, there were the Dead Monkeys - a bar band from Poughkeepsie with a passion for making 4 track cassette tapes. When the Dead Monkeys recorded with Pete Weiss at Zippah Recordings in the mid-90's, Sool was born. We hope you can join us in our annual celebration of all things Dead Monkeys and Sool. We are trying to fill in the evening of Thursday, August 11 with a Boston area show so be on the lookout for an update.
The individuals who collectively make up Sool have been super busy with other music projects, professional endeavors, sports, home appliance repair and family. But this did not stop them from getting it together to create live music for their non-demanding fans. Once again, original Dead Monkeys drummer Ken O'Keefe packed some snacks and flew from Tokyo to Boston to sit in with his musical pals Kevin, Neal and Pete.
- Mon Aug 3 Taco Night! @ Cuisine en Locale 7:30 PM Somerville, MA (as Sool)
- Thu Aug 6 Tavern at the End of the World 9:30 PM Charlestown, MA (as Sool)
- Fri Aug 7 Snugs 10 PM New Paltz, NY (as The Dead Monkeys)
- Sat Aug 8 Pete and Neal perform as "Acoustic Sool" at Pleasant Valley Brewing 8 PM Saxtons River, VT
Sool and/or The Dead Monkeys joined forces for another summer jaunt in the Northeastern part of the USA. Word on the street is that the lads were wearing imported wigs for part of the performance. Thanks to everyone who came out, supported, reconnected, etc. We love you. For some photographic evidence, check out the gallery here.
- Wed Aug 6 Midway Cafe Jamaica Plain, MA - with Yankee Power and Fireking $TBA, Doors at 8:00 PM, 21+
- Thu Aug 7 Hank's Saloon Brooklyn, NY
- Fri Aug 8 Snugs New Paltz, NY - going on after Beki Brindle & The Hotheads around midnight
- Sat Aug 9 WOOL91.5 FM Radio annual Block Party at the Waypoint Center in Bellows Falls, VT
Sool performed an acoustic set on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at the Armory Cafe in Sommerville, MA with Uranium Daughters. A joyous time was had by all.
On the heels of a successful tour of the Empire State, Sool returns to the studio to put the finishing touches on a full length record album due to be released no later than August of 2032. Pete Weiss and Jeff Gallagher discuss overdubs during a Sool recording session at Armory Sound.
The incomparable Ken O'Keefe joined us on drums for a Summer Mini-Tour in August 2013! This alliance features members of Sool, Dead Monkeys and Weisstronauts!
- Thu Aug 8 - (6 pm) Alegria Garden Cafe Lake Placid, NY
- Fri Aug 9 (10 pm) Lot 10 Ithaca, NY with Ithaca favorites The Fly Rods and The Rungs!
- Sat Aug 10 (2 pm) Wright Gallery Records Kingston, NY
- Sat Aug 10 (11 pm) Snugs New Paltz, NY
- Sun Aug 11 (11 pm) TT the Bear's Place Cambridge, MA with Corin Ashley, Home Body, and Pretensile
It's here! And well worth the wait. The collaborative brain child of Sool and Inverse Room weighs in at 5 tracks of sonic paradise. Click on the cover, give it a listen, then download what you like ($1 per song, $4 for the entirety). Inverse Room is the musical incarnation of J. Robert Lennon: a song-writing man. He cannot fly, or communicate with the animals. He is not fluent in many languages, and is slightly afraid of the ladies. But when it's song-writing time, Inverse Room knows what to do.